Technical Specialist - Core Testing
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 9791
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Technical Specialist - Core Testing for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $33.72, more depending on experience.
Provides specialized clinical laboratory services, technical support and research and development activities. Performs medical technologist duties as required.
- Performs the duties found in the medical technologist job profile as it relates to tests and procedures.
- Performs duties as technical expert by: providing technical support to technologists for all instruments; providing technical support to providers, caregivers and clients; develops and performs validation protocols for all new tests and instruments; performs competency evaluation for medical technologists, medical laboratory technicians and laboratory assistants; provides training on new equipment and new test procedures
- Ensures preventative maintenance is performed on a regular schedule; reviews and prepares daily quality control and quality assurance reports on a regular schedule for submission to laboratory leadership; monitors cost and efficiency of established procedures and makes improvement recommendations to leadership; completes College of American Pathologists (CAP), and other State inspection checklists and ensuring compliance with standards.
- Ensures current theory and technique skills by: maintaining an in-depth knowledge and instrumentation theory and methodology in order to enhance problem-solving abilities and continually improve the quality of services offered; engaging in independent and/or cooperative research and development of clinical services.
- May perform CAP (College of American Pathologists) compliance duties to include: periodic record reviews; equipment and test validation; development and maintenance of policy, procedure and guidance documents; proficiency testing and competency management; CAP inspection preparation, assessment and follow up; and technical and procedural advisement and referral as delegated by Laboratory Medical Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager, or as delegated by the Laboratory Medical Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical laboratory science, medical technology or chemical, physical or biological science required
- Experience meeting minimum CLIA and CAP requirements for a technical supervisor:
- Minimum of 4 year of experience with BS degree
- Minimum of 2 years with MS degree
- Minimum of 1 year with PhD in science degree.
- Certified Medical Technologist, ASCP or equivalent required
- ASCP Specialist certification in area of expertise desirable
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of computer systems such as Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of a team
- Must be detail oriented with strong analysis/problem solving skills.
- Works in a clinical laboratory or hospital setting. Intermittently (1‐5% of the time) works in other office, client and conference facility environments. Continuous (67 ‐ 100%) exposure to moderate noise level. The ability to frequently (34‐66 %) stand, walk or sit is required. Continuous (67 ‐ 100%) handling of small objects up to 10 pounds including lifting and carrying is required. Intermittent (1‐5%) lifting and carrying of up to 45 pounds is required. Must have good manual dexterity of both hands and employ fine hand movements to continuously (67 ‐ 100%) manipulate instruments, computer terminal keyboards and other items. Good corrected vision and the ability to do near point work at varying distances from the eye is required. The ability to identify and distinguish colors is required. Tasks involve potential for exposure to blood or body fluids containing blood, or other potentially infectious materials, and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required. Continuous (67 ‐ 100%) use of clinical laboratory reagents and chemicals is required.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.