Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Pharmacy Technician Lead for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.30, more depending on experience.
Under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist, this position is responsible for performing supportive clerical and technical tasks to assist the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care. Accuracy, reliability and excellent customer service skills are the cornerstone of the pharmacy technician expectations. Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees staff schedules, monitors quality of work, monitors team projects, mentors staff, provides constructive feedback, oversees staff training, ensures quality improvement, provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
- Enter inpatient orders/prescriptions into the computer and prepare labels for medications to be checked by the pharmacist.
- Answer telephones When appropriate and with in legal guidelines and direct calls to appropriate personnel.
- Inspects medications for outdates in patient care area Pyxis stations on a quarterly basis.
- Prepares IVs, PCAs, Epidurals and labels all IV products. Prepares chemotherapeutic intravenous medications as requested.
- Packages drugs into unit dose packaging and maintains packaging records.
- Reconstitutes medication by adding a specific quantity of distilled water requiring no calculation.
- Run fill lists and prepares medications for Cubies or Pyxis stations.
- Delivers medications and IVs to patient care areas. Delivers controlled substances to patient care areas, takes controlled substance physical inventories and reconciles controlled substance inventory counts.
- Data enters patient charges and credits.
- Check in the order, processes invoices, credits and backorders. Restocks medication on the shelves as needed and, if needed, purchases medication from suppliers.
- Maintain assigned work areas and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.(See section below for varied requirements.)
- Minimum of one year’s experience in hospital pharmacy utilizing unit dose, IV admixtures, and pharmacy computer systems. Demonstrated customer service skills.
- See section below for varied state requirements.
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Good mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills including excellent communication skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize workflow in a dynamic and sometimes chaotic environment
- Ability to take suggestions, corrections and directions from the pharmacists
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Graduation from, or completion of, a Pharmacy Commission-approved technician training program.
- For initial licensure, must show proof of passing a board-approved national standardized Pharmacy Technician Certification exam.
- Currently licensed as a Pharmacy Technician by the Washington State Board of Pharmacy.
- Pharmacy Technician Lead reports to Pharmacist Lead and Manager/Director of Pharmacy
- Supervises and trains PIMC per diem pharmacy technician on a weekly basis
PEACE ISLAND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires frequent normal physical exertion up to 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs up to 33% of the time.
- Work requires exposure to sharp instruments or, dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Work involves exposure to hazardous medication and/or sharp instruments.
- Work requires use of PPE including gloves, gown and face mask.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.