PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Home Care Clinical Liaison - Home Health for a Part Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $38.83, more depending on experience.
This position serves as the liaison between health care providers to ensure continuity of care for patients transitioning from the hospital to PeaceHealth Home Health. The RN Home Health Clinical Liaison serves in a consultant role, acting as an advocate for home health care. The Liaison provides education and support and is responsible for establishing, growing and maintaining relationships with the hospital, in accordance with PeaceHealth policies and procedures. Communicates with existing referral sources and identifying new opportunities at PeaceHealth hospitals.
- Maintains and builds existing referral base relationships by serving as a resource for education. This includes providing in-services to hospital staff, inpatient and outpatient rehab, physicians, and patients and families regarding Home Health services utilizing available education resources.
- Evaluates referrals received for home health and discuss the care plan with physicians, nurses, case management, patient and family. This includes interfacing with hospital and other RN Care Managers to coordinate care and discharges for complex patients. Assists with discharge planning activities by identifying patient's physical, psychosocial and cultural needs. Provides resources appropriate to patient’s clinical needs.
- Performs effective communication by documenting coordination interventions during hospitalization in accordance with standards.
- Provides information to patients and family members, on home health services. Visits the patient onsite, reviews the physician order, assesses the patient’s clinical needs and gather clinical information.
- Participates when appropriate in care conferences, huddles and weekly meetings regarding new home health referrals. Participates and understands goals of the hospital metrics in order to meet expectations.
- Assists in facilitation of Infusion referrals and other complex Home Health referrals when appropriate.
- Accepts referrals from hospital staff after they have provided patient choice and service needed. Coordinate with Home Health Intake and schedulers to promote seamless transitions of care. Supports the growth initiatives of PeaceHealth Home and Community.
- Performs general duties to include maintaining a working knowledge of infection control, risk management and emergency preparedness plans. Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives. Maintains and updates knowledge of, and is responsive to, the laws and regulations which affect his/her practice.
- Provides accurate tracking on a weekly basis to reflect referral volume timeliness of care for each patient.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of related nursing experience.
- Home Health care experience preferred.
- Previous care management, discharge planning or hospice care placement experience preferred.
- Current RN licensure in state of practice required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent analysis/problem solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Excellent computer skills with technical knowledge of computer applications.
- Excellent leadership, facilitation and teaching skills.
- Current knowledge of patient care practices within home health.
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams (providers, nursing and all other staff).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.