PeaceHealth is seeking a Assistant Nurse Manager - Cardiovascular ICU for a Full Time, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $50.24, more depending on experience.
The position is responsible for providing managerial assistance to the Nurse Manager. This position is directly accountable to the Nurse Manager and is responsible for support in the following areas: hiring; staffing and scheduling; orientation; performance assessment; budget monitoring; maintaining and establishing patient care standards; policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compassion, respect and caring while working within the scope of Registered Nurse Practice to provide individualized, safe and efficient care to patients and assistance to their families and visitors. Proactively implement measures to promote a safety climate on the unit, considering the inter-relationship of people, tools and environment in which are is provided.
- Provide leadership, management and communication skills to department.
- Assist Nurse Manager in planning, recommendation, and implementation of clinical service delivery. Recommend policy changes which enhance nursing ability to achieve top quartile performance.
- Assist Nurse Manager with the staff supervision, counseling and documentation of personnel actions.
- Assist Nurse Manager with the evaluation of work performance and performance assessments.
- Promote, establish and maintain open communication.
- Assist Nurse Manager with budget monitoring.
- Assist with the supervision and direction of the department Clinical Educator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN required.
- Minimum of three years applicable nursing experience required.
- Two years of supervisory/leadership experience in health care organization preferred.
- Financial and budgetary experience.
- 2 yrs cardiac nursing experience preferred.
- WA State RN licensure with Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) at time of hire.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- ENPC may be required.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications.
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- BSN required or actively enrolled in program with a targeted graduation date w/in 3 years of date of hire.
- Recent charge nurse experience within the last two years.
- Requires skills in the process of continuous adaptation.
- Ability to address generation conflict in workforce applying a philosophical understanding of servant leadership.
- Ability to adjust instructional methods to match learning styles, education and training plan and tailor environment to incorporate nursing students and faculty into the clinical unit culture.
- Ability to identify care patterns or systems thinking which leads to the most effective patient outcomes.
- Knowledge and application of tools for quality & safety (e.g. A3, 5S) and monitors patient outcome at the patient and unit level to achieve top quartile performance.
- Ability to apply interventions at patient and unit levels which promote evidence-based practice, staying current with nursing literature.
- Ability to apply “holism” in nursing as application of body, mind and spirit as a total unit acting together in nursing care delivery and patient need for care.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.