Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Compliance Communication/Education Specialist - Organizational Integrity for a Full Time, Day position.
Responsible for the collaborative development, coordination and delivery of Organizational Integrity (OI) curriculum, training, and communications to drive a culture of compliance throughout the organization. Coordinates with various internal subject matter experts to understand and synthesizes information and communicate key concepts and detailed information to stakeholders. Facilitates an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach by consulting internally with leadership and staff to validate standard processes, procedures, documentation, reporting and tracking of required OI education. Serves member, lead or liaison for multi-disciplinary teams, committees, educator groups, improvement teams and task forces as requested to promote collaboration and standardization.
- Designs, develops, and implements organizational integrity curriculum using established instructional design model, accelerated learning techniques, and adult learning theory to assure quality and optimal outcomes.
- Helps drive PeaceHealth’s “culture of compliance” by developing communications, vignettes, reports, news and other content for dissemination throughout the organization. Reports on “case studies” and lessons learned from within and outside the organization to hep emphasize the relevance of a compliance-focused approach.
- Creates and drives messaging around compliance and OI’s objectives to enhance the understanding of and perception around the importance of OI objectives throughout the organization. Develops a cooperative plan that relates compliance objectives with overall organizational objectives.
- Monitors and tracks changes in applicable healthcare laws and regulations, tracks enforcement activities and developments and drafts related communications and updates. Prepares regular reports and updates for compliance committee meetings and communications with operational areas.
- Drafts, edits and revises technical reports, alerts, bulletins, news articles, policies, procedures, codes of conduct, presentations, summaries, correspondence, and other communications.
- Facilitates and coordinates the planning, implementation, evaluation and documentation of programs. Participates in providing live and recorded training.
- Facilitates the assessment of learning needs for required OI education through collaboration with OI team members and HR Learning and Development organization.
- Partners with the HR Learning and Development organization on educational design and management systems, course curriculum assignments, and education completion and tracking reports. Collaborates on the development, implementation and reporting of online learning opportunities.
- Develops and coordinates the ongoing plan for delivery of OI education; addressing new hires, volunteers, and annual caregiver requirements.
- Develops, reviews, updates and executes communication plans to ensure the dissemination of Organizational Integrity policies, procedures, training, articles and other information to relevant audiences is effective and impactful.
- Develops and implements assessment tools, surveys, and other metrics to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of compliance-related education and training.
- Ensures that all Organizational Integrity policies, procedures, work plans, and other communications are written in a high-quality and easy to understand manner that is effective in reaching the specific audiences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience required.
- Master’s degree in English, Communications or Education preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience developing and delivering training curriculum, technical writing, or report drafting required.
- Strong technical writing skills and attention to detail.
- Previous healthcare operational, educational, compliance, or clinical services experience preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with experience in adult learning activities and effective public speaking experience.
- Demonstrated portfolio of accomplished work.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of diverse functional specialties, backgrounds and levels, responding to their needs through collaboration and use of effective group dynamics.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and skills, good judgment and a cost-effective approach to work management.
- Strong facilitation, team building and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation with focus on treating all persons with respect and dignity.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize work effectively.
- Experience using a variety of software and information technologies (i.e., MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
SYSTEM - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.