PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Lactation Consultant - Pediatrics for a Part Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $39.62, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible for coordinating, evaluating and managing the lactation services program.
- Develop, plan, coordinate and evaluate the lactation program.
- Provide lactation assessment, education, support and counseling.
- Utilize the principles of adult education to assess, plan, implement and evaluate lactation classes for patients. Available to provide appropriate education to staff and healthcare providers.
- Manage resource materials for lactation program.
- Coordinate community education and outreach activities for lactation.
- May coordinate/supervise staff working in the lactation program as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum of four years clinical experience, with specific experience working in maternity services and/or lactation consulting.
- Experience as a community or patient educator, including curriculum development is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of practice
- Current IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) certification is required within one year from date of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective teaching skills
- Ability to work within a self-directed team setting
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Provides care in an uncontrolled home environment.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Operates motor vehicle on urban roadways up to 25% of each day.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.