PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Office Assistant in Family Practice for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $16.00, more depending on experience.
In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists providers in the delivery of patient care in the clinic setting. Coordinates patient flow by identifying and prioritizing individual patient needs. Provides outstanding customer service to patients families and co-workers.
- Directs patients to exam rooms and prepares them for examination and treatment.
- Prepares chart; cleans and prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization and panel cleanup. Assists with ordering and putting away supplies.
- May transport specimens.
- May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments. Sends appointment reminder letters, monitors voicemail and may take non-clinical calls from patients and staff.
- Completes all necessary documentation, faxing, sorting and printing. May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Office Assistant or Medical Assistant program is preferred.
- One year of medical office or related customer service experience preferred.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.