PeaceHealth is seeking a Anesthesia Technician Lead for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $25.37, more depending on experience.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
This position is responsible for performing a variety of technical and supportive patient care tasks to assist attending anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists in performing anesthetic procedures.
- Assign work; plan and manage priorities, provide technical assistance, oversee staff schedules, monitor quality of work, monitor team projects, mentor staff, provide constructive feedback, oversee staff training, ensure quality improvement, provide leadership feedback on staff performance, and assist with goal setting for the team.
- Prepare, supply and equip the operating room to meet anesthesiologist and surgery room requirements for surgical procedures. This includes assisting in room setup and room turnover, stocking supplies and obtaining supplies and equipment as directed.
- Clean machines, monitors, and equipment following established infection control procedures.
- Assist in patient care/patient monitoring as directed by RN or Anesthesiologist. Assists with department coverage as necessary.
- May assist with patient laboratory tests and results.
- Identifies problem documents and works with appropriate staff to correct and clarify.
- Project leader on specific projects/tasks as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Anesthesia Technology preferred.
- Minimum of one year operating room experience as an Anesthesia Technician or related experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current license/registration/certification as required by State to practice.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Nursing Assistant Certification (Washington only)
- American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians Certification preferred
- Ability to work independently and with others in a high-volume challenging environment
- Ability to coordinate activities and work collaboratively with others
- Well organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Basic computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications.
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
St. Joseph Medical Center
Additional Essential Functions
- Serves as the anesthesia technologist expert in cardiovascular surgical procedures and the liaison between vendors, anesthesiologists, and perioperative services leadership.
- Responsible for researching and remaining current on best practices. Uses this knowledge to provider or arrange continuing education and training of anesthesia tech team members.
- Manage and maintain machines, monitors, and equipment following manufactures recommendations and established infection control procedures.
- Assists with maintaining and updating OR/Hospital protocols related to anesthesia.
- Additional preferred License/Certification Certified medical assistant preferred, or Licensed Practical Nurse preferred
- Minimum of two-year operating room experience as an Anesthesia Technician or related experience required.
- Previous lead experience preferred
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.