Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a LPN - Hospice for a Part Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $23.42, more depending on experience.
We are currently offering a $2,400 sign-on bonus for newly hired caregivers.
Under the supervision of an RN, the LPN provides direct nursing care, within the scope of their license, to patients as directed by the physicians and other healthcare providers. Cooperative decision making is expected in the execution of duties.
- Implement and evaluate patient care under the supervision of an RN. Participates in the development of a patient-specific care plan.
- Provide direct patient care including administering of medications and treatments as prescribed.
- Document patient care in health record according to department standards.
- Delegates, prioritizes, requests and accepts guidance and assistance from others to assure delivery of care in a safe and timely manner.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through continued education and professional development.
- Assists in the transporting of patients, specimens, supplies and equipment and in the maintenance and stocking of supplies and equipment to assure optimal functioning of the department.
- May triage patient phone calls, counsel patients, providing patient education, taking patient histories, administering prescribed medications, changing dressings, cleaning wounds and monitoring patient vital signs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise designated)
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing LPN program.
- A minimum of one year clinical experience as an LPN preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current licensure as an LPN in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS, PALS, TNCC, ENPC may be required within a standard grace from hire or transfer period, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Basic computer skills required including familiarity with MS Office applications
- Must have cooperative working and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of patients, families and staff.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to function independently.
- Proficient with IV’s
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
- LPNs at PeaceHealth working in the state of Oregon will ONLY perform triage components that align with applicable state regulations within the LPN scope of practice as defined by the Oregon State Board of Nursing
Sacred Heart Home Care Services:
- Valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
SHMC at RiverBend and University District:
- LPNs may be able to work in another nursing unit within Sacred Heart Medical Center UD and RiverBend provided that they have completed the necessary CareConnect training, unit specific competencies and have been deemed competent by a leader of the unit. Including but not limited to the unit manager, assistant nurse manager or clinical nurse educator they are floating to.
SHMC UD-PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.