PeaceHealth is seeking a Senior Analytic Technologies Developer
**The person in this role may work at one of our network locations in Washington, Oregon or Alaska.
Designs, implements and maintains analytic information, data and tools to support PeaceHealth business and clinical decision making.Responsible for coordinating small to medium projects and providing leadership for team members. Supports the overall guiding principles of the team, including educating the corporation as to the importance of data/information and its role as a business product and asset that needs to be managed in the same way other products and assets are managed, e.g. surgical equipment, medications, supplies, etc. Able to work within and across departmental teams. Areas of responsibility include work in Dashboards, Epic Analytic structures, SQL Server Analysis Services, Crystal Reports/BI Launch Pad as well as other business intelligence tools as identified. This position will use programming languages related to analytic tools as well as general application development principles.It will support, install, configure, and tune analytic/business intelligence tools.
- Designs, creates implements, analyzes, monitors, and troubleshoots analytic tools and applications with minimal direction.
- Maintains and administers analytic tools implemented by the Analytic Technologies Team at PeaceHealth.
- Produces functional and design specifications related to reporting and analytic applications. Demonstrates an awareness of the larger environment and how the work done by the team impacts other teams in the department.
- Implements new internally developed reporting applications and/or new features in our business intelligence tool products as they allow, in a robust and performance aware manner.
- Resolves and debugs complex reporting and analytic application problems and provides leadership for team members on standard processes and procedures that promotes consistent team work.
- Works with data analysts, customers, and other HID teams as appropriate to gather and address requirements and resolve customer issues.
- Develops systems to monitor data quality or integrity, diagnose problems and implement solutions.
- Works with other members of the Analytic Technologies Team to promote the appropriate and efficient use of data and information within PeaceHealth.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare field, MIS or Computer Science related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience with database development and implementation and analytic tools such as Tableau, SQL, Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, Informatica, and Crystal Reports/Business Objects.
- Experience in design and implementation of data structures, in retrieval, access methods, database software, and development of standards.
- Working knowledge of healthcare data types and in-depth understanding of the meaning of these data.
- Experience with database management, project management (Microsoft Project) and relational on-line Analytical Query Tool software. Experience with data modeling, logical and relational database design strongly preferred.
- Experience with Oracle and SQL Server databases along with other database environments as needed.
- Knowledge of data warehousing principles and techniques, and/or relational and object-oriented database and data structures.
- Epic Clarity Admin certification preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills, both verbal and written, required.
- Ability to facilitate discussion, teach, and train concepts related to data retrieval, data analysis, data integrity, and analytical information systems required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry common programming languages and tools such as ANSI SQL, C#, .Net, ASP.net, VB.net, VBA, HTML, and ETL.
- Familiarity with Epic analytic structures.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.