Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager Pharmacy - Employee Benefits Pharmacy for a Full Time, Day position.
Under the direction of the Director Pharmacy Services, this position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operational and clinical activities of the Pharmacy to ensure the Pharmacy provides optimal services on a daily basis. The manager facilitates the development, implementation and maintenance of systems that promote desirable patient outcomes through the use of safe, cost-effective drug therapies.
- Supervise staff and give technical direction, monitor and prioritize workflow.
- Assist in the selection, training, development and evaluation of staff.
- Ensure adequate staffing and effective utilization of resources.
- Work with Director to assure services are in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Establish and employ quality assurance indicators to determine the effectiveness of the staff in delivering pharmacy services.
- Assist Director in establishing policies and procedures to address patient needs in response to direct observation, input from other departments, or information gathered through literature review, professional meetings and networking.
- Training staff on new and established procedures.
- Attend interdisciplinary meetings to represent Pharmacy and offer input on drug related issues.
- Serve as resource person for inventory/contracts/purchasing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy with a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Pharmacy required. Pharm D preferred.
- Minimum of five years pharmacy experience, two of which are in a supervisory capacity. Hospital experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of federal/state pharmaceutical codes, rules, regulations, laws and procedures applicable to the profession.
- Current licensed registered Pharmacist in the state in which you will be working required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient use of computer including MS Office applications
- Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively with other healthcare team members
- Demonstrated leadership skills
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.