Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Environmental Service Attendant I for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position.
Are you looking for a career change or ready to work for a great nonprofit? PeaceHealth is looking for individuals who are positive, energetic, and want to be part of a great team. If this describes you, Environmental Services is looking for an Attendant I (Housekeeper). In this position, you will be trained on the updated Covid cleaning standards in sanitizing rooms, floors, fixtures and furnishings in an assigned work area.
Starting pay is based on relative experience.
- Ensure that assigned areas are cleaned and disinfected according to departmental procedures. This may include dusting; mopping; vacuuming; spot cleaning carpets; washing walls, ceilings, furniture and fixtures; emptying trash; restocking supplies; washing and making beds.
- May set up furniture in conference rooms.
- Maintain housekeeping cart, restock paper receptacles, replace sharps containers, and orders supplies essential to the job. Clean and store equipment properly.
- Respond to emergency cleaning needs or housekeeping requires in a timely manner.
- In clinical areas, communicate with clinical personnel to determine priority of cleaning needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one year formal housekeeping experience preferred; experience in hospital or healthcare setting preferred.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Strong customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- May assist with receiving/delivering/stocking of good and supplies as necessary.
- Responds to emergency code calls and assist with utility failures.
- Will perform security assistance and response duties as needed.
- Successfully completes the non-violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) course during orientation and renews training as outlined in policy.
- Driving is not a part of duties, driver’s license is not required
PEACE ISLAND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or more.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more; hazards may include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- There are ergonomic risks identified for each Environmental Services Floor Technician assignment; Safeguards are based on assignment and may include eye, face and hand protection, safety shoes and ergonomically correct procedures related to lifting, pushing and pulling.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.