PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant Educator for a Full Time, Day position.
Coordinates and delivers initial and ongoing education for Medical Assistants working in the PeaceHealth Medical Group based on defined compliance requirements, caregiver functional knowledge, supporting business and quality improvement, workflows and processes. Assists in the development of training including learner resources and appropriate training modalities. Integrates the learning needs of participants into instruction process. Works with the leadership team to evaluate impact and identify strategies for improvement.
- Develops and presents role-based training content to Medical Assistants, in support of system and department policies, procedures and practices. Incorporates adult learning principles and contemporary teaching strategies into class or online presentations and trainings.
- Collaborates with other Learning and Development team members to create and deliver discipline specific on-boarding learning and education pathway.
- Develops education plans to ensure the Medical Assistants achieve competency positively impacting PeaceHealth’s key strategies and clinical outcomes.
- Assists in creating measures of caregiver proficiency/competence and documentation of training including quality assurance and follow-up activities. Evaluates, revises and documents improvements to current training program. Assesses caregiver satisfaction and evaluate training effectiveness.
- Updates and maintains appropriate educational materials, job aids, and documentation procedures using standardized tools and templates.
- Completes performance analysis and assesses gaps in knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA) and provides discipline specific training solutions. Works with preceptors, super users, clinical leads, charge nurses, supervisors and managers to mentor caregivers to improve knowledge skill and abilities.
- Uses standard templates, tools, and processes in training delivery, competency validation and documentation.
- Documents attendance and/or validates proficiency and competency towards educational goals and objectives in learning management system as appropriate.
- Performs rounding for designated populations and assists in the resolution of issues identified by leadership or through the Cherwell Issue Tracking System.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education/training as required to obtain a Medical Assistant certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Additional training in adult learning or education preferred.
- Minimum of two years in a training or education role, healthcare-related lead, EHR support specialist, super user or preceptor role required.
- Prior medical assistant experience required.
- Experience in Epic or other similar electronic medical programs preferred.
- Experience with learning management systems preferred.
- This position must meet internal Epic Proficiency exam with 6 months of hire.
- Must have current Medical Assistant National certification or be a National Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) at date of hire.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.