Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Neurodiagnostic Technician - Sleep Center for a Part Time, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $24.74, more depending on experience.
Day shift with 48 hour shifts available and Day shift Fri/Sat/Sun with 2 12’s and an 8 available.
Springfield is located at the southern end of the Willamette Valley, also known as Oregon wine country. Two rivers run through the community, the Willamette River, and McKenzie River. Bike, walk or run the Middle Fork Path along the Willamette River, or spend the day fishing on the McKenzie River. Springfield has a flourishing downtown and fast becoming a must visit for its culinary experience! Immersed in art, take the outdoor mural tour, or stay inside at the Emerald Art Center. We have one of the most desirable locations in the Pacific Northwest to live, work, and play.
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend is a state-of-the-art regional medical center. On the leading edge of evidence-based hospital design, and creating a patient-centered, healing environment with a strong focus on quality clinical outcomes and patient safety.
Under direct supervision, prepares patient for and conducts routine Neurodiagnostic testing, facilitating an interdisciplinary and collaborative approach in the delivery of care. Evaluates patient care appropriate to the age specific needs of all patients.
- Writes comprehensive patient history gathering appropriate information from patient, patient’s record and family members to include seizure types, date of last seizure, other neurological symptomatology and medications. Explains testing procedure to patient and family using age appropriate guidelines.
- Measures and applies electrodes in a timely manner, according to the International 10-20 System, ensuring that electrode impedance meets standards. Performs EEG records; routine, sleep, and bed side recordings. Implements alternative methods or adjusts controls to obtain optimal recording. Take appropriate actions to insure patient safety (electrical) at all times.
- Recognize artifact (patient or environmental); documents eliminates or takes proper measures to monitor the artifact.
- Clean and keeps equipment within proper biomedical operating standards of appropriate calibrations. Troubleshoot problems for repair and arrange for their repair as necessary.
- Work collaboratively; apply positive interpersonal skills in working with patients, families, caregivers and physicians.
- Apply basic neuroanatomy and physiology, basic electronics, electrical safety, general knowledge of EEG instrumentation, pattern recognition, various medical and pharmacological conditions which influence the EEG recording while testing.
- Performs ambulatory EEGs, evoked potentials and assists physicians with EMGs as requested.
- Depending on setting/work unit, may perform ECI (electrocerebral inactivity) EEG tracings, SSEP for post hypoxic/ischenmic coma or NCV testing under supervision of Neurodiagnostic Technologist.
- Performs application and runs ambulatory/LTM EEG tracings but cannot scan for abnormalities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise designated)
- Currently enrolled or graduate of an accredited Neurodiagnostic program. Equivalent education/experience may be considered.
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING:
- Minimum of one year direct patient care experience preferred.
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION:
- Competency and/or registry in one modality of Neurodiagnostic Technology preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification is required at date of hire.
- Effective problem solving and prioritization skills with ability to manage multiple tasks are required.
- Effective communication skills with ability to promote positive working relationships are required.
- Experience using Microsoft Office or ability to become proficient within first three months from date of hire.
PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires moderate physical exertion more than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.