Become a part of PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center's Pediatric team!
At PeaceHealth, Our Vision is that every person receives safe, compassionate care; every time, every touch. Join an existing outpatient practice of five pediatricians and two advance practice clinicians collaborating with 35 primary care providers at St. John Medical Center. Located in Longview, Washington which is perfectly nestled in between Portland and Seattle. If you are looking for a community that offers amazing outdoor recreation but also enjoy quick access to big city amenities, then our practice could be a great place for you! This full-time employment opportunity offers up to $200,000 in Educational Loan Reimbursement for those who qualify. Click Here to watch a YouTube video about St. John Medical Center and connect with us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Why you’ll love the practice:
- Schedule: ~4 day work week and 1:6 call, rounding in the nursery, including participating in unscheduled c-sections.
- Due to call requirement, clinicians must live within 30 minutes of St. John Medical Center
- See up to ~19-21 patients per day
- Support from a provider preference Medical Assistant
- Clinic located inside of St. John Medical Center, using EPIC EMR
- In-house Pediatric Behavioral Health Support Services
- On-site: Medical Social Workers, Pharmacist, Phlebotomist, Digital X-Ray, Chronic Care Coordination Team, and a Controlled Substance Management Team all specializing in pediatrics
Experience Longview, Washington:
- Forbes Magazine listed Longview as one of the prettiest towns in America due to its proximity to the Columbia River, Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument and many beautiful local parks. Lake Sacajawea, directly across from St. John Medical Center is in the heart of Longview. A gravel trail circumnavigates the lake and is just under 4 miles and can offer a quick, refreshing break on a busy day.
- Our community is just a short one hour drive to the Pacific Ocean.
- Longview and the neighboring community of Kelso have a combined population of ~65,000 residents. Our area has many locally-owned restaurants, coffee shops, brew pubs and national chains such as Target, Home Depot, and Wal-Mart. Along with a variety of grocery shopping options and April through October the Farmers Market is open.
- Golf is also a popular sport in the area at the Longview Country Club, Mint Valley, and Three Rivers Golf Course.
- The Federally Recognized Cowlitz Indian Tribe, of the Cowlitz people, is headquartered in Longview, Washington.
- St. John Medical Center (SJMC), a 346-bed hospital Level III Trauma Center. Offering dozens of medical specialty services and programs including emergency, trauma, heart, behavioral health, bone and joint, cancer, birthing and women’s services.
- The Critical Care Unit received Beacon Award for Excellence, American Association of Critical Care Nurses and the Stroke Program was recognized by the American Heart Association with a Bronze Achievement Award for patient care and outcomes
- Kearney Breast Center - Designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Click here to view the PeaceHealth St. John, Cowlitz County Community Profile
- Recently named one of Forbes Magazine’s prettiest American cities and a Tree City USA, is Longview Washington, an ideal location on the Columbia River and next to beautiful forests is just 40 miles north of Portland, Oregon, 2 hours south of Seattle, and a short drive to the beautiful Pacific coastline and year round adventures on Mt Hood, Mt Rainier, Mt St Helens and Mt Adams. Here and in the other Lower Columbia communities served by PeaceHealth, you can enjoy the familiarity of small-town life, the challenge of working in a first-class regional medical facility, and the fun of living close to the beach, close to the mountains, and close to the big-city attractions.
PeaceHealth Benefits & Culture:
- Competitive compensation guarantee, a generous signing bonus and relocation assistance.
- Up to $200,000 in Educational Loan Reimbursement for those who qualify.
- PeaceHealth provides fully paid malpractice insurance, Life and Disability insurances.
- Exceptional retirement plans, two excellent health coverage options, plus vision, dental and supplemental options.
- Employee Wellness Program with FitBit options and up to $400 annually in incentives for healthy lifestyles.
- Integrated physician-led medical group.
- Click here to view the PeaceHealth System At a Glance
About PeaceHealth: Serving the community’s healthcare needs for more than 70 years, PeaceHealth St. John is a community-governed, nonprofit organization established by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace in 1943. Today, PeaceHealth employs approximately 1.5% of Cowlitz County’s population. PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please contact, Lyndse Neppl at: [email protected]
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws. The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job. The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
PeaceHealth offers outstandingBenefits!
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.