Long Term Care - New Horizons, Nursing Home Administrator
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 9989
Location: Ketchikan, AK
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Long Term Care/Nursing Home Administrator for a Full Time, Day position.
Seeking an experienced Long Term Care – New Horizons - Administrator to:
Be responsible for providing leadership and directing the day-to-day functions of the Long Term Care (LTC) facility in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern long term care facilities to ensure that exceptional medicine and compassionate care is delivered; continually improve service and operations to ensure that safe, reliable and high quality care and resident experiences are provided; ensure that clinical support services are coordinated; create an environment that supports caregivers and enhances growth, communication and job satisfaction.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with the department nurse manager, VP Patient Care Services, and all leadership throughout the organization to maximize operational efficiencies and meet capital and operating budget goals. Participate in operational planning and implementation of organizational strategic plans.
- Promote change, facilitates redesign, and implement systems and processes to maintain compliance with regulatory standards and accreditation within all LTC programs.
- Develop and maintains written policies and procedures and professional standards of practice that govern the facility.
- Work with nurse manager to manage, supervise, coach, mentor, and evaluate staff, also develop effective interdisciplinary relationships with medical staff.
- Provide nursing/clinical leadership on issues including patient safety, healthcare quality, emerging technology and innovation. Maintain alignment with network direction on these issues.
- Develop and oversee LTC facility programs and activities.
- Budget development and accountability for Long Term Care unit.
Who we are:
- PeaceHealth is a faith-based 10-Hospital System in the Pacific Northwest, providing whole person care to Alaska, Oregon, and Washington since 1890.
- Our Long Term Care facility, New Horizons, is a 29-bed unit, attached directly to our Medical Center in Ketchikan.
- Robust Benefits package: Full Medical, Dental, Vision & Retirement.
- Generous Relocation Assistance package.
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential.
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education.
- Being part of an Inclusive, Mission-driven company culture.
What you’ll bring:
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing program.
- Current, unencumbered Nursing Home Administrator’s license or meet the licensure requirements in the State of practice required.
- BSN required or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the job.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Business or Healthcare is preferred.
- A minimum of ten years progressively responsible nursing leadership experience is required.
- Experience with collective bargaining units is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills are required, both verbal and written.
- Excellent critical thinking skills are required.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner is required.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications are required.
- Leadership ability is required.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.