PeaceHealth is seeking a Supervisor Operations - for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $25.78, more depending on experience.
Supervises daily activities of office staff and operations. Provides input to manager regarding personnel, quality and service. Has advanced knowledge medical office operations. May assist in day to day function as needed.
Responsible for monitoring the overall services for assigned area, developing quality and performance indicators, gathering data for analysis as well as ensuring continuous improvement to optimize services and stewardship of resources.
- Links mission into day-to-day work, focuses on meeting organization/departmental targets, monitors budget variances and recommends or develops plans for improvement, assures regulatory compliance for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Recommends selection of staff. Staffing responsibilities include: provides, monitors and evaluates performance and accountability of staff; evaluates competence and initiates performance improvement plans to develop staff and provides meaningful and constructive feedback.
- Works with leadership to assist in the development of policies, procedures, and enhancements to the delivery of services, and operations of the department.
- Directly responsible for customer service excellence in assigned area, for both external and internal customers.
- Ensures accuracy of all demographic and financial data obtained from patients. Monitors registration accuracy at all patient access areas.
- Manages and promotes departmental programs, consistently seeking avenues to increase effectiveness of services and positive outcomes to improve the patient experience.
- Monitors production statistics and performs assigned audit to assure accuracy, timeliness and compliance to established standards of related business. Reports results to department leadership as directed.
- Acts as liaison for problem resolution between interfacing and non-departmental personnel. Acts as a patient advocate.
- Ensures compliance with all Medicare, Medicaid, Labor and Industries and Champus regulations impacted by registration area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- AA Degree in Business Administration/Management or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in healthcare setting is required.
- Minimum of four years of experience in supervising staff utilizing proven skills in communications both verbally and written, personnel issue resolution and fostering the team approach between staff both internal and external to the department.
- Must have the ability to tolerate constant interruptions and function in a high stress environment while remaining productive and positive.
- Need to have good working knowledge of PC’s and programs along with main frame environment of the IDX systems.
- Strong analytical and financial management skills with creative problem-solving ability are necessary.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with staff, other department managers and their staff in issue resolution.
- Must be able to work in a Windows environment. Word and Excel are required. PowerPoint preferred.
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS
- Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.