Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a full time Dietitian Diabetes Educator in Anticoagulation & Diabetes Education to work four 10-hour days. Annual compensation starts at $74,921.60, more depending on experience. Sign on bonus and relocation assistance available!
The Anticoagulation & Diabetes Education clinic offers an opportunity to provide individualized or group, goal directed diabetes management education for patients and their families.
- Collaboratively develops educational goals, learning objectives and a plan for education content and teaching methods for program participants.
- Provides diabetes self-management training to clinic patients. Develops an individualized follow-up plan with each patient.
- Evaluates effectiveness of educational services provided by measuring attainment of learning objectives. Conducts a follow-up assessment upon completion of the program.
- Documents patient care in the medical record according to standards.
- Participate in the development of training materials. Contributes to and participates in continuous quality improvement processes.
- Evaluates ability to obtain and effectively use diabetes medications, testing equipment and related supplies.
- Maintain and update education materials and keeping current with operational guidelines of glucometers.
- Provides recommendations to referring providers for adjustments in individual diabetes care plan and adjusts glycemic medications per regional/system standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or higher in Nursing from an accredited program or Bachelor’s in nutrition related degree to obtain RD credential required.
- Minimum of one year experience in general medical nursing or dietetics with a variety of chronic conditions, including diabetes, cardiovascular, and renal disease
- Experience as diabetes educator in outpatient setting preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state of practice or current national registration as dietician and state licensure or certification for the state of practice may be required.
- Certification Board for Diabetes Care and Education Specialists (CDCES) credential required or must be able to obtain within 12 months of employment.
For questions about this opportunity, please email the recruiter Laura at [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.