Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Diet Representative - Nutrition Services for a Per Diem/Relief, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $16.14, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible for working collaboratively with the manager/supervisor, patients, dietitians and nursing staff to ensure diet accuracy for daily assembly and review of patient menu.
- Process all diet orders (including tube feeding) received from nursing services in preparation for production, including entry of charges. May coordinate all food production information for kitchen staff.
- Approve patient food request based on diet order and food availability. Determine needs of between meal nourishment and orders as needed.
- Distribute appropriate menus for patients to select from. Assist patient with menu selections as needed.
- Use approved computer charting methods to communicate clarification of individual patient needs related to food and to ensure meal tray accuracy and prompt delivery.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Advanced education with emphasis on nutrition preferred.
- Two years of related experience preferred.
- Understanding of diet types and food textures preferred.
- May require Food Handlers Card.
- May require BLS (Basic Life Support) certification.
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Proficient computer/keyboarding skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient in mathematics
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Oregon West Network – Sacred Heart Medical Center:
- Must have a current Food Handler’s card.
- Diet Tech or Dietary Manager certification preferred.
- Knowledge of hospital therapeutic diets.
- Strong telephone customer service skills.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work may require moderate physical exertion more than 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 75 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
- May be required to operate motor vehicle on urban roadways up to 25% of each day.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.