Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager of Patient Experience for a Full Time, Day position.
**The employee in this role will be seated at our network location in Bellingham, Washington.
Position is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing patient experience strategies program and staff for assigned network in collaboration with other network peers and system leadership. Responsible for implementing PeaceHealth’s differentiated experience for patients and families at the network level. Provides consultative partnership to network leaders on patient experience initiatives and best practices, strives for experience consistency and contributes to the development of the Patient Experience team while advancing patient experience strategies and improvement efforts overall. Responsible for improving patient experience across the continuum of care, to include the integration of consumer experience, clinician, and caregiver engagement.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly (and more often as needed) Patient Experience survey results to identify issues, trends and develop related actions based on analytics insights. Monitors and evaluates the results of HCAHPS, CGCAHPS and Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction surveys and recommends changes as needed. Works with key stakeholders to facilitate interpretation of patient satisfaction data.
- Manages the hiring, management, and professional development of team members, including performance management, mentoring, coaching, goal setting, and training.
- Partners with system and local leadership to recommend and develop the patient experience approach, structure and mechanisms needed to work towards the established system and local goals and target outcomes.
- Drives continuous improvement by providing collaboration and instruction in best practices, continuous improvement learning and methods to drive improvement. Proactively consults with leaders, physicians and caregivers in service improvement strategies and methods.
- Organizes improvement work priorities in a strategic manner. Provides needs assessments, gap analyses and data analytics to identify opportunities for the most critical areas for patient experience improvement. Pro-actively collaborates with leaders to create and oversee action plans to drive improvement. Continuously evaluates progress with leadership, recognizing successes and identifying and recommending solutions to barriers in order to achieve targeted results.
- Identifies and plans content and curriculum to support the initiatives of the system and needs of local communities. Partners with leadership to develop strategic recommendations for curriculum necessary to support patient experience improvement initiatives. Serves as the patient experience content expert at the network level.
- Develops, gathers feedback, communicates, reports and monitors goals, strategies, initiatives, projects and plans directed towards the improvement of patient experience.
- Reports to network and system leadership and oversight teams on program status and initiative progress. Manages the scope of projects, including client priorities, resource needs and successful execution. Proactively communicates at the network level to assure leadership and caregivers are aware of Patient Experience priorities, goals and methods for improvement.
- Utilizes lean leader principles for improvement work attending huddles and going to gemba regularly to support management in their improvement work.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of the system and local Patient and Family Advisory Councils. Encourages all levels of the organization to include patients in the design and implementation of programs and initiatives.
- Uses knowledge and expertise in patient experience, analytics and patient and family centered care to collaborate with other departments (such as Risk Management, Quality, Safety, and Human Resources), volunteers, directors, and physicians to ensure the organization meets or exceeds the patient experience goals.
- Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience. Uses gathered information to assess and inform process improvement and recognize or coach performance.
- Develops strong collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships with all members of the Patient Experience team, colleagues/peers across PeaceHealth, key stakeholders, and others with whom they provide service and support to develop/implement programs to elevate the experience for our patients and patient families.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Sciences, Organizational Development, Public Health, Health Administration or related field required.
- Master’s Degree or advanced training preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical healthcare experience (RN, PT, RD, etc.), or healthcare leadership experience in quality improvement, patient safety, risk management, etc. required.
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience required.
- Experience leading and delivering patient experience, healthcare improvement work, customer service initiatives and coaching, group facilitation, program management, or staff development related to service excellence in healthcare required.
- Experience with change management or organizational development in a complex organization required.
- Experience with continuous process improvement methodologies and tools such as PDSA/PDCA, Lean, Six Sigma, etc. preferred
- Certified Patient Experience Professional required within one year of employment.
- Facilitation or project management certification is preferred.
- Knowledge and skill in the design, integration, and implementation of evidence-based practices for care experience in acute and ambulatory settings. Ability to achieve a strong working knowledge of survey tools across all care types, effective reporting and interpretation of survey results, CMS CAHPS requirements, statistical concepts, and the survey process within the first six months.
- Knowledge of clinical and non-clinical acute and ambulatory operations.
- Ability to coach and mentor leaders, clinicians, and caregivers for service excellence, process improvement, and service recovery.
- Skilled in critical thinking and the evaluation of operational processes to identify the challenges and solutions to improve organization-wide patient experience. Able to generate ideas and fresh perspectives. Understands how to interpret and use data to guide improvement.
- Effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Effective at presentation of information to different levels of the organization,
- Ability to develop and deliver concise, effective, and succinct presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interface effectively with clinicians, nursing, clinical and non-clinical caregivers, and leadership of all levels.
- Self-motivated and meets deadlines for deliverables.
- Ability to function both autonomously and with strong self-direction as well as collaboratively with local and system teams.
- Ability to lead, attend to details, organize, and work on multiple initiatives/projects without compromising work.
- Strong skills in the use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook to manage daily needs. Ability to quickly learn new technology applications.
- Requires travel to hospitals and PHMG clinics within the network. May require travel to other PeaceHealth communities.
- Able to work flexible hours and locations based on business needs.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.