PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Charge Nurse - ICU for a 0.75 FTE Night position. The Charge Nurse is a frontline leader who works under the direction of the Manager/Director. The Charge Nurse assists the Manager/Director in coordinating unit activities which assure safe and clinically effective patient care. The Charge Nurse supports and directs staff members in providing compassionate care and services to patients and families from diverse ethnic and social groups. Independent decision-making is expected in the execution of routine duties.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
**Hiring bonus for eligible candidates!**
**Relocation assistance available**
CultureHQ.com - A Better Workplace Community
Hourly compensation is $40.97 - $70.13; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, work location, and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
- Coordinate patient care by shift and department.
- Supervision and assessment of clinical practice. Direct and delegate to other team members.
- Coach for performance to achieve individual and organizational goals; including orientation, competencies and evaluations.
- Develop the departmental team and collaborative relationships to achieve expected outcomes.
- Serve as a clinical and resource expert for the department.
- Articulate shift/team operational issues to management as appropriate.
- Appropriate stewardship of resources.
- Adapts decision-making style to the situation and level of authority for achieving an optimal outcome including using collaborative decision making and effective communication skills.
- Identify and apply opportunities for clinical practice improvement and support them with staff.
- Ensure professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN required within 36 months from the start date of the Charge Nurse role.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Minimum of 18 months continuous experience working on an Intensive Care unit within an acute care facility within the last 3 years OR successful completion of an approved training course/orientation and standard competencies within six months of hire
- Minimum of two years acute care nursing experience required.
- Three years of acute care nursing strongly preferred.
- Must function independently with more advanced treatments, procedures and equipment such as stable ventilated patients, central lines, arterial pressure lines, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principals of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Demonstrated leadership skills required.
- Nurses may be able to work in another nursing unit within Sacred Heart Medical Center University District and RiverBend if they have completed the necessary CareConnect training, unit-specific competencies, and have been deemed competent by a leader of the unit they are floating to (including, but not limited to the unit manager, assistant nurse manager, or clinical nurse educator).
- ICU – Management of ventriculostomy, EVD, and ICP. Nursing care of patients with non-traumatic ICH, non-traumatic SAH, seizures. Nursing care of patients post tPA, thrombectomy, aneurysm coiling, carotid artery stenting and intra-cranial stenting. Management of blood pressure abnormalities with parenteral vasoactive agents. Completion of complex neurological assessments/scales.
- Nurses may be able to work in another nursing unit within Sacred Heart Medical Center UD and RiverBend provided that they have completed the necessary CareConnect training, unit specific competencies and have been deemed competent by a leader of the unit. Including but not limited to the unit manager, assistant nurse manager or clinical nurse educator they are floating to.
- Facilitation skills preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing required.
- BLS at date of hire
- ACLS must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- TNCC must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire. Following the initial certification, caregivers will receive 4 CEU continuing education credits per year for trauma requirements.
- NIHSS within 6 months of hire and recertification every 2 years
- CCRN preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Consistently demonstrates Service Excellence behaviors with patients, families and colleagues.
- Able to support and interpret medical center’s philosophy, policies and procedures
- Ability to balance information regarding patient needs, staff needs, and unit needs in decision making
- Demonstrated interest in staff development
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.