PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Wound Care Coordinator - Home Health for a Part Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $42.70, more depending on experience.
Develop, coordinate, implement and evaluate case management of home health services for PeaceHealth Southwest (PHSW) skin/wound care services to ensure delivery of high-quality, cost-effective care.
- Provide wound care program management by developing and managing departmental skin and wound care practice standards. Ensure practice standard compliance with PHSW protocols and state/federal coverage and reimbursement rules. Analyze effectiveness of service line skin/wound care practice standards. Implement changes to enhance clinical and financial performance. Advocate accepted and preferred skin/wound care and wound care practices with physicians and other care providers.
- Perform wound care management by conducting comprehensive assessments of all skin/wound care patients. Develop, implement and monitor the plan of care. Obtain payer authorizations and physician's orders to support appropriate levels of care and utilization. Provide and document patient skin/wound care. Provide wound care and related patient/family education.
- Perform effective communication and documentation by communicating and documenting interventions, patient responses in accordance with standards. Utilize recognized organization communication standards. Keep abreast of and comply with departmental and organizational changes and events through reading appropriate communications and attending unit meetings, home health care conferences and assigned committee meetings.
- Perform medication administration to include consistently adhering to medication administration policies and procedures. Demonstrate understanding of effects/side effects and combination effects of medications. Resolve medication discrepancies as they occur.
- Ensure current wound care practices by acquiring and maintaining a current level of knowledge of skin/wound care practices and technology.
- Perform general duties to include maintaining a working knowledge of infection control, risk management and emergency preparedness plans. Actively participate in performance improvement initiatives. Demonstrate knowledge of hospital, interdepartmental and unit goals, standards and operations.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum one year’s current home health and/or wound specialty experience (or equivalent education and/or experience).
- WA State RN Licensure.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required upon hire.
- Valid driver's license with an automobile that is insured to state regulations and is in good running order.
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) preferred.
- Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (CWOCN), Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse (CWON) or Certified Wound Care Nurse (CWCN) preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate clinical information.
- General knowledge of patient assessment and care and documentation and regulations related to home care nursing.
- Must be self-directed with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to work independently or as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Strong analysis/problem solving skills.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to teach.
- Knowledge of nursing processes and practices.
PHSW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.