PeaceHealth is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator for a Part Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.30, more depending on experience.
Responsible for specific volunteer programs under direction of manager. Serves as representative of Volunteer Services to hospital community and regional staff.
- Provides initial screening and interviewing of volunteers (to include both teen and adult volunteers).Ensures that they meet required qualifications, and makes recommendations regarding placement preferences.
- Assists with the master schedule of all volunteer positions. Assists in coordinating the weekly schedule, may assist in securing substitutes, and additional volunteer assistance as needed.
- Serves as a liaison between volunteer services and hospital departments and projects in the hospital where volunteers may be used to fill roles or complete assignments.
- Works directly with the Director, Volunteer Services, to fill volunteer positions, oversee training and paperwork requirements, and provide orientation for incoming volunteer staff.
- Attends and contributes to hospital committees and professional organizations whose activities are in direct association with volunteer services.
- Aids in data gathering to facilitate recognition of volunteers and development of policies and procedures for volunteers.
- Participates in program planning with the Director, accommodating new volunteer positions as requested and provision of daily monitoring, oversight and evaluation of volunteer staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Previous experience coordinating volunteers in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Certification in Volunteer Administration desirable (CAVS) or Affiliation with Association of Hospital Volunteer Resource Professionals (AHVRP) or State Association of Hospital Volunteer Directors, preferred.
- Must possess outstanding organizational skills, an outgoing personality, and the ability to deal with a variety of situations, age groups, and personalities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and a professional appearance and demeanor essential.
- Must be able to plan, prioritize and organize workflow in a dynamic environment.
- Proficient with MS Office applications
ST. JOSEPHS PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold and heat in an uncontrolled outside environment.
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.