PeaceHealth is seeking a New Patient Coordinator in the PeaceHealth Medical Group for a full time, day shift position. Hourly compensation starts at $16.00, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
The New Patient Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of new patients, through employer groups, to PeaceHealth. Assists with transition of new employer groups to PeaceHealth services.
- Schedules and coordinates all aspects of on-site visits to employer groups.
- Reaches out to all eligible employees of the employer group, onsite or via phone, e-mail and mail, providing them with a new member packet and other information on PeaceHealth services.
- Collects basic member information and documents in EMR as appropriate.
- Works with employer Human Resources services to provide information on related insurance plans, benefits and coverage for PeaceHealth services.
- Coordinates care for individuals of the employer group utilizing PeaceHealth services as assigned. This includes patient navigation and recommendations for preventive, acute and chronic care needs.
- Assists with scheduling patient appointments.
- Assists with departmental coverage as needed.
- Communicates appropriately with all customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Minimum of one year of medical office or related experience required.
- Strong background in customer service may be considered in lieu of medical office or related experience.
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.