PeaceHealth is seeking a Employee Assistance Program Counselor for a Full Time, Day position.
Acts as a resource for caregivers and clients in offering confidential help solving problems that affect personal well being or work performance. Responsible for helping EAP clients and families in problem identification and problem resolution through counseling process of assessment, brief therapy, formulation of an action plan and if appropriate, case follow-up.
- Performs solution oriented brief therapy for individuals, couples and families from EAP client organization and affiliated providers.
- Develops action plans through identification and remediation necessary for problem resolution.
- Coordinates referral options and serves as a link between clients and treatment providers.
- Clarifies insurance benefits and coverage and reviews authorizations of and management of behavioral health benefit.
- Monitors case progress after referral and provides necessary case management services.
- Prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports.
- Clinical assessment, intervention, case management and coordination for mandatory and recommended supervisory referrals.
- Provides consultation services to management and human resources personnel and training for workplace/work-team interventions.
- Provides critical incident stress management services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, EAP or comparable degree is required.
- Specific training in mental health counseling and assessment is required. EAP experience preferred. Clinical training in counseling and psycho-therapy assessment & treatment, and a minimum of 3 years of experience providing mental health therapy/counseling for individuals, couples, and families in out-patient setting. Clinical training in chemical dependency assessment and experience with a minimum of one year's work experience providing chemical dependency treatment in either in-patient or out-patient setting. Experience providing training and/or adult education. Training and experience in providing critical incident stress services for individuals and groups.
- Licensure as a mental health professional as required by the state.
- Certification as an Employee Assistance Professional preferred.
- Proficient verbal and written communications skills with the ability to express ideas and present information accurately and effectively with people in difficult situations.
- Skill in effective problem identification
- Ability to interact, problem solve, and consult with diverse individuals
- Ability to work independently in an organized manner
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills required. Proficient in the use of MS Office applications.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Whatcom – All EAP Counselors must have or be in the process of obtaining a certification as an EAP Professional. Valid WA State Driver’s License
ST JOSEPH - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.