Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager Nursing Administration for a Full Time, Day position.
Manages the coordination of the activities of a business unit or department with responsibility for results including costs, methods, and staffing. Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Receives assignment in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
Responsible for: providing leadership and resource management functions for inpatient nursing unit in order to support operational functions; continually improving service and operations to ensure that safe, reliable and high quality care and patient experiences are provided; ensuring that clinical support services are coordinated; creating an environment that supports caregivers and enhances growth, communication and job satisfaction; building relationships resulting in compassionate and committed teams within the services and with all stakeholders.
- Manage daily operations including: staff supervision; monitoring and prioritizing workflow. Manage the selection, training, development, discipline and evaluation of assigned staff.
- Work closely with leadership throughout the organization to maximize operational efficiencies and meet capital and operating budget goals. Participate in operational planning and implementation of organizational strategic plans and ensure overall operational performance.
- Monitor nursing quality dashboard, low census, and all nurse staffing resources and tools
- Budget development and accountability for all operational departments assigned ensuring all financial performance measures are met.
- Monitor, support and manage upgrades to the operational and functional aspects of department specific software.
- Manage, evaluate and implement changes to workflow and processes in all areas of operational lead.
- Manage all clinical contract labor contracts for nursing, network wide.
- Work with the Manager, Clinical Resources to provide statistical and analytical consultation, directions and support to clinical department leaders to improve nursing resource allocations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the job.
- Minimum of five years’ experience with payroll practices and staffing/scheduling.
- Minimum of two years of leadership experience.
- Working knowledge of staff scheduling and payroll programs preferred.
- Experience with collective bargaining units is preferred.
- Previous experience working with clinical teams highly preferred.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work effectively, respectfully and responsibility in a collaborative manner with multiple demands and short timelines.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Knowledge and experience in developing programs.
- Demonstrated success in operations management and financial management.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Job duties may require use of additional PPE such as eye shield, respirator and mask.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.