PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Technologist - Laboratory for a Full Time, Variable position in beautiful Ketchikan, Alaska!
Hourly compensation starts at $34.44, more depending on experience. Hiring Bonus and Relocation may be available.
Responsible for performing complex laboratory procedures and tests in areas such as blood bank, chemistry, hematology, immunology and microbiology, using established protocols and procedures. Monitors, screens and troubleshoots devices, tests and procedures, recognizing anomalies, and making corrections to ensure quality.
- Evaluates specimens for testing, utilizes appropriate criteria and upholds established performance standards. Applies established criteria for testing, and analysis of entire process from preparation, conducting test, functioning of devices and procedures to ensure quality test results. Performs waived, moderate and high complexity laboratory tests.
- Maintains equipment and tools; performs quality assurance testing, routine calibration and ensures optimal performance.
- May assist Technical Specialist or Supervisor with the evaluations of new methods and procedures.
- Consults with clinicians, supervisor and other caregivers as appropriate on test results, requirements and testing protocols.
- Gives direction and guidance to phlebotomy and specimen management teams, may assist with orientation of new caregivers and students, and accesses competencies if incumbent has at least 4 years experience for moderate complexity testing, and 1 year of experience for high complexity testing.
- Maintains appropriate records for specimens, tests and data. Utilizes computer systems in reporting and documenting analysis.
- Participates in department in-services and continuing education programs, attending lectures, workshops and video presentation as required. Participates in required competency assessment and proficiency testing activities. Provides (CAP, HIPAA, etc) compliance support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biological Science or an equivalent related science.
- Current with ongoing education requirements for continuous certification.
- 2 years of clinical experience performing high complexity testing in a clinical laboratory department preferred.
- Certified Medical Technologist, ASCP or equivalent is required within six months from date of hire.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Required to perform phlebotomy 10% of the time.
For more details of the Job description, please contact Denise @ [email protected] . Thank you for your interest!
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.