PeaceHealth is seeking a Mental Health Technician - Emergency Department for a Part Time, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $17.73, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Participates with the nursing care team in providing quality, compassionate patient care with an emphasis on the care of the psychiatric patient.
- Participate in the care, observation, and documentation of all psychiatric patients. This may include assisting with daily living activities; taking vital signs; collecting routine specimens; assisting with dressing; ambulating patients; setting up and assisting with procedures; may include attending and participating in group therapy.
- Assisting nursing staff with seclusion and/or restraint. Observation of secluded or restrained patients.
- If assigned to the Emergency Department may assist RN with receiving psychiatric patients by ambulance or law enforcement and triaging these patients. Also may assist with transporting patients.
- Assist in keeping patient care areas and equipment clean.
- May be responsible for maintaining unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a Certified Nursing Assistant Acute Care program or EMT program if assigned to Emergency Department.
- College coursework in Psychology or other health related field preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Emergency Department: One year experience in acute care facility or previous psychiatric experience preferred.
- Current state Certified Nursing Assistant or EMT certification required.(If practicing in Oregon must have CNA II Registration.)
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Ability to apply problem solving process
- Good time management skills
- Demonstrated skill with psychiatric patients
- Demonstrated competence with patient de-escalation, restraint and seclusion
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Oregon West Network – Sacred Heart Medical Center: If working in either the Inpatient Psych Unit or the Emergency Department:
- Graduate of a Certified Nursing Assistant Acute Care Program or EMT Program required.
- Current CNA II certification or minimum of EMT-Basic certification required.
UNIVERSITY DISTRICT-PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.