PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Relief Charge Nurse - ICU for a Per Diem/Relief, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $41.35, more depending on experience.
The Charge Nurse is a frontline leader who works under the direction of the Manager/Director. The Charge Nurse assists the Manager/Director in coordinating unit activities which assure safe and clinically effective patient care. The Charge Nurse supports and directs staff members in providing compassionate care and services to patients and families from diverse ethnic and social groups. Independent decision-making is expected in the execution of routine duties.
- Coordinate patient care by shift and department.
- Supervision and assessment of clinical practice. Direct and delegate to other team members.
- Coach for performance to achieve individual and organizational goals; including orientation, competencies and evaluations.
- Develop the departmental team and collaborative relationships to achieve expected outcomes.
- Serve as a clinical and resource expert for the department.
- Articulate shift/team operational issues to management as appropriate.
- Appropriate stewardship of resources.
- Adapts decision-making style to the situation and level of authority for achieving an optimal outcome including using collaborative decision making and effective communication skills.
- Identify and apply opportunities for clinical practice improvement and support them with staff.
- Ensure professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required
- BSN or current enrollment in BSN program preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Two years recent acute care experience or successful completion of intern/cross-training program.
- Minimum of two years nursing experience in the specified area/specialty.
- Three years of acute care nursing strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills required
- Facilitation skills preferred
- Recent ICU experience preferred.
- Current registered nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing
- Current basic life support (BLS) certification required upon hire
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire.
- Certification specific to clinical area preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Consistently demonstrates Service Excellence behaviors with patients, families and colleagues.
- Able to support and interpret medical center’s philosophy, policies and procedures
- Ability to balance information regarding patient needs, staff needs, and unit needs in decision making
- Demonstrated interest in staff development
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications
LONGVIEW WSNA PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day (to include inclement weather).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.