Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Telesitter for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $17.59, more depending on experience.
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) provides continuous remote monitoring and surveillance/observation of assigned patients. Responsible for verbally redirecting the patient from engaging in at-risk behaviors and summoning the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance.
- Utilizes nursing assistant skills to provide continuous remote monitoring, support and observation of assigned patients through a Telesitter software system. Coordinates relief when leaving the station, to maintain constant patient observation.
- Maintains visual patient observation at all times. Verbally redirects patient over digital 2-way audio device as needed to ensure patient safety. Summons nursing staff if the patient requires assistance.
- Provides patient with explanations as necessary through monitoring system voice output. Escalates to clinical staff on unit.
- If patient appears to pose a threat to themselves or others, escalates to clinical staff on the unit.
- Ensures patient’s primary language, if other than English, is assigned in system.
- Participates in a collaborative identification and reporting of patient safety issues and ensures patient environment safety. Seeks assistance with removal of any potential safety hazard from room and reports findings to charge nurse. Escalates any patient safety hazard identified in room to clinical staff or unit.
- Participates in safe patient hand-off at break or change of shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required unless otherwise stated)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Successful completion of monitoring equipment class within 1 month of hire.
- One year of patient care experience, preferably in an acute care setting.
- Current CNA certification required. For caregivers in Oregon, CNA II certification required.
- Current, Basic Life Support certification.
- Capable of continuous monitoring of multiple patients on one screen at one time and remaining alert at all time while on duty.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with patients using a microphone and headset.
- Ability to communicate with hospital staff and respond quickly to patient behavioral changes.
- Ability to perform duties requiring prolonged and or extensive sitting, standing, and walking.
- Ability to use discretion and courtesy when working with patients, visitors, and staff.
- Efficiency in multitasking, and ability to prioritize simultaneous situations.
- Proficient computer skills with ability to navigate windows-based environment.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion to include prolonged periods of standing from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more; hazards may include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- There are ergonomic risks identified for each Environmental Services Technician (EST) assignment.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.