Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking an EPIC Training Specialist - Ambulatory Education for a Full Time, Day position.
Completes the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of caregiver (including providers) and leadership development programs and courses. Consults with leaders, program managers, analysts, and other training professionals on training needs. Collaborates with other Learning and Development (LD) functions, operational and support departments in system-wide training assessments and curriculum development to achieve strategic goals and initiatives. Partners to design and deliver standardized system orientation such as new hire, department-specific, new manager, and CareConnect as well as leadership development and other training programs.
- Completes the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs using PeaceHealth training standards, processes, and templates.
- Utilizes ROI methodology to measure and compare results to desired outcomes and objectives.
- Completes performance analysis to identify gaps and root causes of caregiver, provider, or leader performance gaps. Collaborates with operational leadership to identify and apply the appropriate intervention. Where indicated, design and deliver training interventions.
- Consults, communicates, and educates others on training standards, adult learning, training and curriculum methodologies, skills validation, and training effectiveness as needed.
- Networks with other Learning and Development functions to promote sharing, collaboration, and development of common training programs to support organizational strategies and training needs.
- Develops and maintains appropriate instructor manuals, training materials, job aids and documentation procedures using standardized tools and templates.
- Develops and implements Train the Trainer programs for other Learning and Development roles, super users, preceptors, and support services’ caregivers. Serves as a mentor to others.
- Supports large scale implementations by providing system or regional coordination of training.
- Conducts education and training demonstrating proficiency in contemporary teaching strategies and modalities.
- Provides the Caregiver Resource Center with information on current training and standards for training documentation.
- Works with Learning and Development, program managers, analysts, and others to assess and develop training to meet system or departmental needs.
- Provides data to document training and validate competency in the learning management system.
- Assesses caregiver and leadership satisfaction with training and evaluates impact and value.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Required unless otherwise stated
- Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience.
- Master’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or similar area preferred.
- Minimum of two years training or equivalent experience, preferably in healthcare.
- Experience in a large or multi-campus organization strongly preferred.
- Additional training or certification in adult learning, education, instructional design, or human performance improvement preferred.
- Preferred additional experience for CareConnect (Epic) related roles:
- Experience implementing Epic systems, with understanding workflows and delivering Epic training preferred.
- Experience with large scale technology implementation development preferred.
- License and Certification for CareConnect (Epic) related roles:
- Epic certification/experience highly preferred.
- CareConnect positions requiring Epic certification or credentialing in classroom facilitation skills must be completed within a specific time parameter post hire.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledgeable in the use and application of ROI and Human Performance Technology to Learning and Development.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with projection equipment and/or webinar technology.
- Technical training development and learning management systems (LMS) preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Flexible schedule
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.