PeaceHealth is seeking an Assistant Nurse Manager for the Emergency department at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. This is a new additional Assistant Nurse Manager position that will join our emergency nurse management team to provide leadership for our 37- bed emergency department at our 150 bed level III trauma center hospital. This is a full-time exempt position that will work variable hours.
St. John is part of PeaceHealth, a non-profit mission-driven healthcare system serving communities in Washington, Oregon and Alaska. Located just 40 miles North of Portland, the Longview-Kelso area is surrounded by the beauty of mountains and the Columbia River. Our community offers the best of both worlds, a peaceful lifestyle of a family-orientated community of 60,000, with close proximity to the Pacific Ocean, Mountains, and the urban amenities of both Portland and Seattle.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package as well as relocation assistance. For additional information you can email Lisa Wishard, Recruiter, at [email protected]
The position is responsible for providing managerial assistance to the Nurse Manager. This position is directly accountable to the Nurse Manager and is responsible for support in the following areas: hiring; staffing and scheduling; orientation; performance assessment; budget monitoring; maintaining and establishing patient care standards; policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compassion, respect and caring while working within the scope of Registered Nurse Practice to provide individualized, safe and efficient care to patients and assistance to their families and visitors. Proactively implement measures to promote a safety climate on the unit, considering the inter-relationship of people, tools and environment in which are is provided.
- Provide leadership, management and communication skills to department.
- Assist Nurse Manager in planning, recommendation, and implementation of clinical service delivery. Recommend policy changes which enhance nursing ability to achieve top quartile performance.
- Assist Nurse Manager with the staff supervision, counseling and documentation of personnel actions.
- Assist Nurse Manager with the evaluation of work performance and performance assessments.
- Promote, establish and maintain open communication.
- Assist Nurse Manager with budget monitoring.
- Assist with the supervision and direction of the department Clinical Educator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN required or actively enrolled in a program with a targeted graduation date w/in 2 years of date of hire
- Minimum of three years of Emergency nursing experience required.
- Financial and budgetary experience required.
- Two years of supervisory/leadership experience in health care organization preferred.
- Must demonstrate independent management of cardiac, complex med/surg, pediatric, and trauma patients.
- WA State RN Licensure with Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- ACLS and/or ENPC may be required.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications.
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.