Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Program Coordinator Advance Care Planning for a Full Time, Day position.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for providing coordination and successful implementation of Honoring Choices Advanced Care Planning (ACP) Initiative throughout their assigned Network. Will provide facilitator training and continued support to PHMG staff, hospital staff, specialty clinic staff, Hospice and Palliative Care staff. Provides direct supervision to volunteer ACP instructors and facilitators.
- Under the guidance and leadership of the System Director of Palliative Care and Hospice plan/develop/ implement ACP infrastructure within network including: education, workflow, documentation, measurement and reporting to HCPNW.
- Participates and coordinates network multidisciplinary steering committee to ensure sustainable ACP service across the care continuum in the network.
- Coordinates ACP implementation and integration within the network current care continuum model.
- Achieves ACP faculty competency and instructor certification as defined by Honoring Choices.
- Achieves ACP planning goals; proactively addresses issues to maintain quality and service.
- Engages the community organizations within the network in ACP planning, partnering and collaboration.
- Coordinates the training of new instructors, facilitators, and evaluates performance.
- Provides staff or community education programs to promote ACP understanding.
- Conducts quality improvement activities to improve ACP Program outcomes/goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required unless otherwise stated)
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical social work, chaplaincy or related field required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a health related field; providing care across a wide variety of care settings including hospice, hospital, clinic, home care or nursing home required.
- One year of experience in adult education required.
- One year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification is required at date of hire.
- Honoring Choices Instructor/ Facilitator training within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to coordinate volunteers and an ACP team to achieve specific system ACP goals.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
- Experience documenting in an electronic medical record.
- Ability to effectively communicate to health care providers, patients, patient’s family members and friends, customers, co-workers, community leaders via written and/or verbal communication.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.