PeaceHealth is seeking a Payment Receipts Specialist - Cash Posting for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $17.61, more depending on experience.
Responsible for performing payment related tasks using a manual and/or computerized system which involves receiving, distributing, transferring, and accounting for funds; receipt of payments by cash, checks, credit card, electronic funds transfer.
- Daily cash posting and reconciliation of payments, adjustments and rejections from private and third-party payors.
- May process and reconcile accounts receivable.
- Prepare deposits in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Process and monitor the electronic remittance files to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain and/or enforce security procedures to ensure safety of funds.
- May research and resolve credit balances that occur due to overpayment at the time of posting.
- May assist customers by answering inquiries and providing information.
- Assist with departmental coverage as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an accounting, banking, medical office, billing or insurance account follow-up capacity is required; Formal training or college coursework from a medical coding accredited school, specific to medical billing in lieu of experience may be considered as well
- Medical terminology experience preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance processes and billing guidelines regulations preferred.
- Proficiency in use of 10-key required.
- Proficient use of computers including MS Office applications
- Knowledge of insurance and reimbursement policies
- Strong data entry skills
- Skills in problem solving, organizational and time management
- Detail oriented
SHARED SERVICES PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.