Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a CMO St Joseph Medical Center for a Full Time, Day position.
The Chief Medical Officer of St. Joseph Medical Center (SJMC) is a key physician administrative leader of St. Joseph Medical Center. St. Joseph Medical Center is a 234-bed facility and serves as the regions only Level-II trauma center and has a level 2 NICU. This leadership position will report to the NW Network Chief Medical officer and have matrixed reporting to the NW network Chief Executive and to the system Chief Physician Executive. They will be responsible to provide exceptional physician leadership and partner with SJMC medical staff to foster an environment of quality, safety, and excellence within PeaceHealth’s clinical delivery framework in the Northwest Network. Serves a key role in identifying and defining network strategic goals and objectives. Responsible to ensure compliance with all relevant federal and state regulatory guidelines.
- Provides physician leadership, strategic clinical direction, and support for clinical quality, through quality improvement, patient safety, regulatory compliance, and transformative care models for care entities in NW PeaceHealth Network. Engages community clinical and administrative leadership to create exceptional clinical/patient outcomes.
- Facilitates, and coordinates physician leadership and oversight over peer review structures, medical staff activities, department meetings and provider community relationships in locations of oversight.
- Responsible for leading, directing, and communicating PeaceHealth’s Clinical priorities and strategies with medical staff and community providers. A special emphasis on surgical quality and procedural safety will be managed by the St. Joseph facility CMO.
- Fosters effective working relationships among providers and leadership to facilitate, development and/or enhancement of clinical programs, and pragmatic resolution to issues
- Actively involved in the development and coordination of clinical quality improvement, adoption and implementation of new clinical quality monitoring technologies, implementing clinical data analytic systems, and evaluating their impact on providers' practices and patient satisfaction.
- Facilitates team meetings with providers, and applicable clinic and hospital personnel, and other identified key stakeholders when required.
- In partnership with patient safety creates, leads and executes a patient safety plan demonstrating a culture of safety and a safe environment of care for patients, caregivers, and providers, with a focus on prevention resulting in zero-harm.
- Ensures administration and implementation of medical staff bylaws is efficient and effective in locations of oversight.
- Ensures cost-efficient use of resources for assigned accountabilities. Drive provider accountability for achieving plans/targets and provide support to identify and resolve issues and problems.
- Partners with providers to reduce clinical variation, improve value by reducing supply and medication expenses and implement LEAN thinking. Works to maximize clinical quality and practices which are aligned with fiscal responsibility.
- Facilitates adoption of best practices that advance and strengthen the organization. Collaborate with providers to deliver high quality care in a fiscally sustainable way.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, coordinate regulatory survey preparation and corrective actions as well as ensure the system maintains on-going requirements. Ensures organizational integrity is maintained by compliance with state, federal and regulatory standards, and guidelines.
- Ensures long-term financial and operational stability by establishing goals focused on reducing overall costs of care, implementing effective systems, and providing management oversight.
- When requested by PeaceHealth will engage in advocacy and public policy activities to foster sustainable patient-centered care.
- Collaborates with network chief medical officers/executives to design and support PeaceHealth’s physician structures by hospital and network.
- Works with medical staff leaders, departments, and Medical Staff Office as well as system partners and other stakeholders to advance the quality of care delivery across the network
- Assists Northwest Network CMO with contracts (PSAs and call coverage) that involve physician groups.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited medical school and complete an accredited residency program in a medical or clinical specialty is required.
- Completion of MBA, MHA or secondary college education in a business or health administration field is highly preferred.
- Minimum of five years of progressive healthcare leadership experience required.
- Minimum five years recent clinical practice experience required.
- Experience leading/partnering in multidisciplinary teams required.
- Up to date knowledge of changes in healthcare, emerging clinical methodologies and standards required.
- Successful experience with redesign or process work which includes hospital wide, community or medical group wide implementation required.
- Licensure as a physician in a state of practice required.
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Excellent verbal, negotiation, and written communication skills, particularly with key stakeholder groups such as physicians, other clinicians, and quality improvement staff.
- Skilled in engaging providers to emphasize the PeaceHealth experience.
- Strong facilitation and change leadership skills
- Strong customer service focus.
- Skill in maintaining operational metrics.
- While the primary physical location will be at PH St. Joseph Medical Center and this leader will be expected to establish a strategic physical presence at United General Medical Center (UGMC) and Peace Island Medical Center.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.