Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Staffing Effectiveness Coordinator for a Full Time, Variable position.
This position is responsible for building and maintaining good working relationships with the stakeholders involved in staffing effectiveness and appropriate hospital leadership. Coordinates the day-to-day monitoring of the staffing effectiveness strategies and serves as the subject matter expert on the staffing effectiveness strategies for the Oregon Network. Responsible for quality, service and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility.
- Manages the design, structure, development and planning issues within scope of direction and as directed by key stakeholders including hospital/network leadership.
- Tracks and monitors staffing metrics across the Oregon network acute care facilities for nursing and non-nursing units.
- Develops reports showing current shift staffing status and short and long term staffing trends by unit.
- Produces reports addressing variances from established standards, and identify significant data trends, outlier values or unusual data for additional review by leadership. Responsible for the integrity of the reported data.
- Develops effective interdisciplinary relationships and communicates staffing status to various key stakeholders including hospital leadership.
- Serves as a liaison role in timely escalation of staffing issues to appropriate hospital leadership.
- Adapts and revises staffing metrics and tracking with hospital planning.
- Provides recommendations and suggestions to improve process related to staffing tracking and reporting
- Collect, analyze, evaluates and interprets data from established metrics as indicated by the administrative team or key stakeholders.
- Provides leadership in collaboration with physician dyad partner to support continuous improvement efforts that promote clinical excellence, revenue enhancement and cost efficiency. Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships.
- Tracks, analyzes, synthesizes and reports on general trends, and new opportunities.
- Performs all duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Business and/or Healthcare required or a combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
- A minimum of two years related operations experience in an acute healthcare setting.
- Experience in data analysis and extraction of data from a data repository.
- Previous experience working with clinical teams and physician groups to reach consensus highly preferred.
- Lean certification preferred.
- Excellent communication skills are required, both verbal and written.
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Ability to work effectively, respectfully and responsibility in a collaborative manner with multiple demands and short timelines.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Knowledge and experience in developing programs..
- Demonstrated success in operations and financial management is required.
PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS – UNIVERSITY DISTRICT
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time).Job duties may require use of additional PPE such as eye shield, respirator and mask.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.