PeaceHealth is seeking a Coder II - Hospital Coding for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $28.34, more depending on experience.
Responsible for advanced coding of inpatient, observation, emergency room and ambulatory surgery records, including the assignment of ICD-10-CM diagnosis and procedure codes, and CPT4 procedural codes, as well as the abstraction of clinical information for hospital services.
- Reviews the medical record to assure specificity of diagnoses and procedures for compliant code assignment, providing data and accurate/optimal reimbursement for the provision of hospital services.
- Abstracts information from medical records following established methods and procedures.
- Identifies problem documents and works with submitting departments to correct errors.
- Responds to edits both during and after the coding process.
- May enter charge information when appropriate.
- Collaborates with clinical documentation integrity nurses and physicians to assure accurate documentation to enhance data capture and reimbursement.
- Utilizes computer assisted coding software following very highly defined processes.
- Provides coding across multiple patient types.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a formal coding program or combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job required.
- Completion of a college based or AAPC/AHIMA approved coding education program strongly preferred.
- Ability to maneuver through multiple computer applications including encoders, abstracting, groupers, EMR and MS Office applications including Excel and Word required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagram form.
- Demonstrated good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work in an independent and/or remote environment.
- 3M computer assisted coding experience preferred.
- Epic EMR experience preferred.
SYSTEM PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.