Job ID: 11313
Location: Eugene, OR
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: Variable
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
*** $3500.00 Sign-On Bonus***
PeaceHealth Clinical Float Pool in Eugene/Springfield, Oregon is seeking Medical Assistants to support all Family Practice and Specialty Clinic locations. Assignments vary and shifts are scheduled anywhere from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM, including weekends. Hourly compensation starts at $19.36, more depending on experience.
In collaboration with the healthcare team, Medical Assistants assist physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
Details of the position:
1. Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
2. Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
3. May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
4. May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
5. May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
6. May transport specimens.
7. Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
8. Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
9. Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable. Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
What you bring:
* Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required. An approved educational program/course of study that allows caregiver to sit for the MA certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associates degree in Allied Health).
* Must have current Medical Assistant National certification or be a National Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) at date of hire.
* American Heart Association Basic Life Support at date of hire.
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Ashlee, [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.