PeaceHealth is seeking a full time Nurse Complex Care Manager Outpatient. $3,500 sign on bonus available!
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
The RN Complex Care Manager oversees and evaluates coordination of integrated population management across selected populations to improve clinical and financial outcomes. Develops care management programs addressing a wide scope of health care needs and conditions in partnership with physicians, health care professionals and patients. Identifies, coordinates, and case manages a panel of clinically high-risk complex patients and provides oversight for caregivers who manage patients at moderate or low risk.
- Accountable for development and continuous evaluation and assessment of population management programs, tools and delivery of care coordination services. Collaborates with system and regional leadership to optimize processes and metrics.
- Risk-stratifies patients according to protocols, assesses patient data, and works within interdisciplinary care team to assess patient’s physical, cognitive, emotional and behavioral status as well as social and financial support systems.
- Works with patients and families to create and implement a care plan that meets identified needs and incorporates services that improve outcomes. Adjusts care plan to patient activation and risk levels through ongoing monitoring of patient.
- Delegates and oversees the care management of lower-risk patients as well as routine chronic disease population management tasks to assigned caregivers.
- Tracks, evaluates, and provides oversight for transitions of care, synchronizing “warm handoffs” between the clinic and hospitals, emergency departments or care facilities. Facilitates and ensures the sharing of information across people, functions, and sites.
- Demonstrates leadership, mentorship and teamwork within dedicated care teams including clinicians, chronic disease care coordinators, medical assistants, pharmacists, social workers and others.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required
- Minimum of three years of clinical nursing experience in an ambulatory or clinic setting
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the Oregon.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Care Management Certification within two years of hire preferred.
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.