Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Home Care Community Liaison - Hospice for a Part Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $39.99, more depending on experience.
Responsible for providing: direct skilled nursing care and coordination/management of patient admitted to hospice services; discharge planning assistance from local hospitals; regularly scheduled community education to targeted referrals source audiences. Assists with community referrals, liaison with local facilities and clinics. Provides awareness and education to the community at large regarding hospice.
- Attends daily Palliative Care rounds at SHMC RB and SHMC UD. Weekly visits to other regional hospitals and clinics expected. Polst work essential in hospital settings.
- Oversight of GIP patients admit/discharge duties while in Medical Centers. Interpersonal, relationship, and communication skills essential.
- Meets with staff at community sights regarding Hospice and Palliative Care education and referrals (flexibility in schedule essential).
- Provides bi-monthly education and in-services to LTC, community, regional clinics and local hospitals.
- To obtain 12 referrals in a 40 hour work week, include itinerary of daily plans.
- Performs direct patient care duties/responsibilities of an RN Hospice as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
- BSN required within 36 months from the start of the role.
- Minimum of two years Hospice and Palliative Care experience and understanding of available resources within PeaceHealth required.
- Liaison experience preferred. Ability to tailor or design process to meet immediate needs of clients.
- Current registered nurse licensure in the state of Oregon required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- CHPN Certification preferred.
- ELNEC Certification preferred.
- ACP Facilitator (POLST) Certification preferred.
- Valid state driver’s license and auto insurance required.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office application as well as any Hospice specific clinical computer applications required to perform the work.
- Highly motivated with self initiative.
SHMC – PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.