PeaceHealth is seeking a Strategic Communications Specialist.
**The employee in this role may be seated at one of our network locations in Washington, Oregon or Alaska.
Responsible for leading, developing and executing complex, strategic communication plans in support of select senior executive leaders for a variety of internal and external audiences. Ensures the delivery of strategic, timely and cost-efficient communications messages, events and materials to achieve specific, measurable goals, in alignment with organizational priorities. Leads implementation of communications plans navigating issues management and crisis management concerns. Responsibilities include application of communication, public relations and marketing principles, efficient project management, quality execution, internal and external content creation, excellent interdepartmental communications, and the ability to manage multiple priorities to meet demanding deadlines with a variety of stakeholders and teams.
- Cultivates relationships and coordinates communications strategies with executives. Leads and plans proactively as well as long-term to achieve specific, measurable goals, ensuring the clients’ needs are met and in alignment with organizational priorities.
- Plans, develops and supports internal and external communications strategies.
- Communicates with internal customers, department caregivers and contractors to lead the planning, development, production and evaluation of targeted communications plans, materials, campaigns, electronic media and media relations.
- Works collaboratively with communications caregivers and internal customers. Supports the development and implementation of effective internal communications throughout PeaceHealth. Monitors effectiveness of communications; adjusts as needed, coordinates use of distribution lists, and coordinates message distribution. Assures that internal communications and messages are well integrated into overarching communications plans.
- Oversees systemwide public relations planning needs in coordination with network colleagues to include strategic and mission-driven initiatives. With Director of Strategic Communications, leads further development and maintenance of core messaging for issues and crisis management concerns and leads implementation of communications plans in navigating issues and crisis management concerns. Oversees PR/crisis firm/partner relationship.
- Suggests and prepares news releases, story ideas and pitches; fact sheets; op-eds, and other materials to assure that PeaceHealth messages are consistently presented in earned and social media. Develops positive relationships with key reporters. Responds to inquiries. Supports Networks’ local media relations needs with systemwide implications.
- Serves as collaborative partner with social media strategist role to assure PeaceHealth voice, brand and identity are consistent internally and externally.
- Creates communications plans for significant announcements or developments to include goals of communication, key audiences/stakeholders, messages, timing, approvals needed and other essential elements. Implement the plan as indicated.
- Supports significant special projects as assigned by department leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as English, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing.
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING
- Minimum of 5 years of experience required in a public relations or marketing communications setting.
- Experience in cultivating relationships and coordinating communications strategies for clients.
- Experience in preparing for and leading through issues and crisis management
- Experience working with members of the media preferred.
- Experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Excellent communication skills including writing and presentation.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities in an effective manner
- Ability to deal with complex organizational environments
- High level of project management and organizational skills
- Ability to establish credibility and forge lasting relationships with stakeholders
- Experienced with web communications and social media.
- Familiarity with media monitoring software applications (e.g. Cision).
- Proficient in MS Office applications, specifically Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.