PeaceHealth is seeking a Benefits Consultant - Rewards for a Full Time, Day position.
Creates and implements progressive solutions that are based on the total rewards philosophy and that result in a competitive advantage in terms of recruiting and retention success. Works collaboratively and independently in the design, development, implementation, administration and communication of benefits including health, welfare, wellness, leaves of absence and retirement. Partner with Rewards COE team reviewing business needs for continuous iterative exploration of data, technologies and practices to gain insight in on work to help drive effective decision making and advancements with Rewards COE programs.
- As a benefits subject matter expert (SME), resolves escalated, complex benefit issues and questions.
- Ensures that plan documents and operations are in compliance with all organizational policies, state and federal laws and other regulatory agencies.
- Prepares and maintains up-to-date benefit policies and procedures and prepares on-going educational, promotional and regulatory communications.
- Tracks and researches benefit trends and makes recommendations to leadership on plan design changes and new benefits.
- Analyzes benefit costs and policies in an on-going effort to maintain equity with current benefit trends, compliance standards and legislative requirements. Obtains and prepares cost data for company and union proposals and final settlements.
- Effectively manages relationships with third parties to ensure that agreed upon service levels are met and any caregiver issues are promptly addressed. Reviews benefit contracts for accuracy, monitors contracts to ensure compliance with negotiated terms and conditions.
- Conducts analysis of data, integrating and reconciling data across different systems. Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand business needs for reporting, current workflows and practices. Analyzes information and develops reports. Identify trends, model different process, create user documentation and recommend solutions.
- Leads or participates in projects, task forces and committees in area of expertise that drive innovation, quality, value and/or better service to caregivers. Participates in due diligence and integration activities related to benefits for mergers and acquisitions. Assists in the development of bargaining proposals for caregiver benefits and analyzes union benefit proposals.
- Provide support for project tracking; to include but not limited to add new projects, update project status, project changes and resource allocations updates. Collaborate with all team members in the management of project tracking system. Provide project status reports and resource allocation reports to key stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources; or equivalent knowledge obtained through a combination of experience and education/training.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a consultative, strategic benefits role preferably in a multi-site healthcare environment is required.
- Experience with business analytics preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) and/or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) preferred.
- Strong communications skills, written, presentation and verbal, are required.
- Proficient expertise in MS Office applications; advanced Excel skills strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of state and federal regulations related to benefits, retirement and leaves of absence.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects is required.
- Proven ability to present ideas in a visually appealing form is required.
- Strong team player and ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong documentation on standardized deliverables and processes.
SHARED SERVICES PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.