PeaceHealth is seeking a Data Warehouse Developer, Senior.
Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining data collection, integration and storage tools. Responsible for coordinating small to medium projects and providing leadership for team members. Develops portions of applications not provided by software vendors, customization of vendor –supplied systems and integrate a mix of vendor-supplied or internally developed applications and databases. Able to work within and across HID teams. Responsible for promoting system and process development in a manner that facilitates and supports standards and policies pertaining to data management.
- With minimal direction, analyze, monitor, and troubleshoot data warehouse loads - integration systems, tune and optimize data warehouse loading to enhance performance. Create and implement data warehouse load processes.
- Design and construct the data warehouse technical infrastructure. Plan and conduct structured testing of database designs to confirm functionality and performance. Develop and maintain logical and physical data models of the data warehouse and data marts. Assist in developing and implementing the metadata strategy. Assist in developing standards. Design and maintain database security
- Write SQL statements to extract and integrate data. Create customizations as allowed by application, i.e. triggers, stored procedures
- Design, build, install and upgrade test and production relational and object-oriented databases and accompanying front-end applications. Plan and conduct structured testing of data warehouse designs to confirm functionality and performance. Develop and implement complex data models and logical database designs. Demonstrates an awareness of the larger environment and how the work done by the team impacts other teams in HID.
- Participate as needed in implementations and recommend improvements to the overall approach to the warehouse life cycle. Perform routine and customary operational and monitoring activities to ensure the data warehouse environment is stable and capable of meeting ongoing business needs and provides leadership for team members on standard processes and procedures that promotes consistent team work
- Participates as needed in implementations and recommends improvements to the overall approach to the warehouse life cycle and tool administration. Performs routine and customary operational and monitoring activities to ensure the data warehouse environment is stable and capable of meeting ongoing business needs and provides leadership for team members on standard processes and procedures that promotes consistent team work.
- Participate as an expert advisor in training sessions for customers.
- Perform special projects as requested and adapt to sudden project needs and requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related, relevant field. Equivalent experience may substitute for degree.
- Five or more years experience in database development, implementation and healthcare information systems development or implementation.
- Experience with industry common programming languages, tools, and concepts such as SQL, XML, Active Server Pages, HTML and ETL.
- Five or more years experience with data warehousing, applying principles, techniques and/or with relational and object oriented database and data structures.
- Five or more years experience in design and implementation of data structures, in retrieval, access methods, database software and development of standards.
- Five or more years with data modeling, logical and relational database design is strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
SYSTEM PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.