Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Clinical Social Worker - Homecare Admin for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $34.30, more depending on experience.
The Clinical Social Worker coordinates the development and implementation of a patient care/treatment plan through use of diagnosis and clinical assessment of psychiatric, chemical dependency and psychosocial needs as they relate to medical and behavioral care needs. Provides disposition and discharge planning, risk assessment, case management, and coordination of services to provide continuity of care
- The Clinical Social Worker completes appropriate intake documentation, provides ongoing assessment, develops treatment plan in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary treatment team The Clinical Social Worker also manages multiple complicated cases, maintains current knowledge of ever-changing community resources, monitors patient needs and progress, and develops aftercare plans. Maintains documentation on patient throughout hospitalization.
- Conducts therapeutic sessions with patients and/or families, as well as community staffing, in coordination with the physician and treatment team. Works as in integral member of the treatment team in the provision of treatment and aftercare planning.
- Ensures compliance with privacy and confidentiality laws. Interfaces regularly with legal entities to address treatment needs.
- Assists with monitoring and evaluation of services provided for department quality improvement plan.
- Maintains current understanding of issues related to culture, ethnicity, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, religion and utilizes appropriate communication skills.
- Provides information, education, and direction in response to community requests.
- Regularly accesses pharmaceutical and community resources to provide patients with needed psychiatric medications.
- Provides instruction, training, and supervision for graduate level social work students. Also provides clinical supervision toward licensure for CSWA’s. Must maintain current licensure through continuing education. Must uphold all ethics, rules, and regulations required by the Clinical Board.
- Diagnoses, assesses, and addresses both mental health and chemical dependency conditions. Performs risk assessments for suicidality, homicidally and grave disability.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited graduate school of social work.
- Must attend PROACT (crisis management) training provided by hospital.
- Knowledge of community resources, knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and insurance requirements as these relate to continuing care.
- Two or more years of clinical experience with designated population; hospital, emergency room, chemical dependency, or community agency experience preferred.
- Must have LCSW, LICSW or must have CSWA (Clinical Social Work Associate) status.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and conditions as these impact discharge needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess superior ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to document on electronic record
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Provides crisis intervention services to all patients deemed appropriate by ED physician using strength based, solution focused approach.
- Provides evaluation for chemical dependency and psychiatric care, utilizing Interqual and ASAM criteria to guide the recommendation for appropriate level of care.
- Services as a resource in conjunction with Crisis Response Services and other community agencies. Serves as a liaison with other service areas to optimize the continuum of patient care.
- Recognizes and diffuses violent behavior.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.