PeaceHealth is seeking a Supervisor Palliative Care for a Full Time, Day position.
Responsible for monitoring the overall services, developing quality and performance indicators, gathering data for analysis as well as ensuring continuous improvement to optimize services and stewardship of resources. Staffing and scheduling.
- Link mission into day-to-day work, focuses on meeting organization/departmental targets, monitors budget variances and recommend or develop plans for improvement, assure regulatory compliance
- Recommend selection of staff, monitor and evaluate performance and accountability of staff. Evaluate competence and initiate performance improvement plans to develop staff, provide meaningful and constructive feedback.
- Work with leadership to assist in the development of policies, procedures, and enhancements to the delivery of services, and operations of the department.
- In collaboration with caregivers, community, PeaceHealth leadership and providers; provides input to department strategic and operational planning for the Palliative Care ensuring that services and operations comply with industry quality standards as well as PeaceHealth policy and procedures.
- Facilitates curriculum and development of palliative care to meet clinical and quality goals/outcomes. Initiates and oversees planning, implementation, operation and evaluation of processes to assure quality, efficient and cost-effective systems and services. Assists department leadership with budget preparation and monitoring.
- Performs education, public awareness and public relations activities for Palliative Care. Monitors referral/admission trends and facilitates effective strategies to ensure client/caregiver satisfaction and quality service.
- Responsible for analyzing resource requirements of the department and developing recommendations for staffing levels with supporting documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field of study Social Work, Theological Education appropriate for chaplaincy (Masters level from an accredited university or seminary), etc. or Bachelors of Nursing from an accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Previous leadership training and experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in policy development, fiscal management, service development and communications is preferred.
- If Chaplain, Four units of clinical pastoral education (cpe) training.
- Clinical Roles:
- Current license/registration/certification as required by State to practice.
- Board certified or certification eligible by National Association of Catholic Chaplains, Association for Professional Chaplains, the National Association of Jewish Chaplains or by an organization that generally follows The Common Standards of Professional Chaplaincy. Chaplain is required to have documentation that all materials for certification have been submitted to one of the certifying bodies listed above within two years of date of hire and must be certified or provisionally certified within three years of date of hire.
- For Nurses, State and National certifications and/or licensures in Behavioral Health strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong customer relations skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.