Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Wound Care Specialist for a per diem role at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. In this per diem position will work 8-hour day shifts at our 150 bed acute care medical center. Hourly compensation starts at $41.49, more depending on experience, as well as per diem differential.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care for patients with wound care needs in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Provides both education and clinical interventions that promote patient independence and self care.
- Provide direct patient wound/skin care. Performs conservative instrumental debridement and chemical cauterization of hypertrophic granulation tissue and closed wound edges. Initiates and monitors compression therapy for patient with venous insufficiency.
- Assess patient and develop plan of care. Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards. Communicates with health care team to support case management of patients.
- Develops, delivers, and evaluates education programs for patients, staff and community. Serves as resource to physicians, staff and community.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Product recommendation and involvement in committees and projects in area of expertise.
- Supports the pressure ulcer prevention program. Assists in review of Pressure Ulcer Policy and Procedure, monitors specialty bed utilization.
- Responsible for outpatient clinic services as they pertain to scheduling, treatment, billing and infection control.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required or equivalent education/and or experience.
- Minimum of one year experience in dedicated wound care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current WA Registered Nurse licensure
- Certification in Wound Care as a Certified Wound Specialist (CWS) through American Academy of Wound Mgmt or Wound Care Certified (WCC) through National Alliance of Wound Care or able to obtain within 18 months of hire.
- In lieu of above listed wound care certifications, may have Certified Wound Nurse (CWN), Certified Wound and Ostomy Nurse (CWON), or Certified Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurse (CWOCN) through Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing Certification Board (WOCNCB).
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required upon hire.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications and other applicable clinical applications.
LONGVIEW - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.