This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 11685
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 10 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
Relocation Assistance offered and Sign On Bonus eligible to experienced candidates up to $10,000.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Electrophysiology Technologist - Cath Lab for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $40.43, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Works within the scope of the Electrophysiology Technologist to provide individualized, safe and efficient patient care. Works collaboratively with all other healthcare team members toward the best outcomes for the patient and the organization. Performs invasive procedures in concert with a cardiologist or a radiologist.
* Document patient care in health record according to department standards.
* Ensures own professional effectiveness through continued education and professional development.
* Assess and implement patient care within scope of education and/or licensure in concert with Cardiologist or Radiologist.
* Assists the physician to position, manipulate and prepare catheters and guide wires prior to and during the procedures.
* Prepares and maintains sterile field, monitors and records patient condition and procedures progress.
* Provide direct patient care. Performs related radiographic/fluoroscopic imaging techniques to demonstrate catheter location, position and document findings.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Technical Program
Education equivalent experience:
* Graduate of an accredited Cardiovascular Secondary Education Program or Radiologic Technologist Program or a combination of education and experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
* Basic Life Support
* Radiology Technologist - Washington
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support
* ARRT - Radiography
-Minimum of two (2) years of previous experience with clinical electrophysiology is preferred.
-Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
-CVTs with only on-the-job training must have a minimum of two years of interventional cardiovascular hospital experience.
-Computer experience required.
-Must have complete understanding of vascular and related organ anatomy.
-Must be able to monitor patient blood pressure, ECG, and Pulse Oximetry using sophisticated clinical equipment.
-Must be able to perform work during periods of crisis and emergency situations. Requires "after hours" call duty as assigned.
-Must be able to lift or move moderate to heavy loads such as patients and mobile equipment on a routine basis.
-Must be able to work effectively in a confined workspace.
-Ability to perform physical requirements of the job.
Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants, extreme cold or heat, sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc., or dangerous equipment. Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Job duties may require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time). Work requires normal exertion 34 to 65% of the time.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.