Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Surgery Implant Coordinator for a Per Diem/Relief, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $26.44, more depending on experience.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
This position is responsible for maintaining the inventory of implants and supplies, documentation, product management, information and other activities related to implants for Surgical Services. The Coordinator may also work as a Surgical Technologist and responsible for performing those duties within the scope of practice as defined in the job profile for a Surgical Technologists.
- Coordinate activities related to Implant supplies for Surgical Services which include: new implant products and equipment acquisition; inventory and requisition of implant supplies; documentation; purchasing and use information; product recalls.
- Ensure adherence to regulatory and organizational documentation requirements.
- Arrange for and coordinate product evaluations and assess financial benefit to department/hospital.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to promote standardization and cost savings.
- Assist Resource Team on projects as assigned.
- Perform duties of a Surgical Technologist.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program or a recognized course of training as a Surgical Technologist required.
- One year’s experience as a surgical technologist in a full service operating room preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- CST (Certified Surgical Technologist) preferred.
- BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Registered Surgical Technologist or LPN license (required, Washington only)
- Well organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to coordinate activities and work collaboratively with others
- Ability to execute detailed procedures with accuracy and precision
- Basic computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Understanding of operating room protocols
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Prefer at least 2 years current Surgical Technologist experience in a variety of specialties
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills,
- Excellent relationship building skills and problem solving skills,
- Works well independently with minimal supervision,
- Proficient at Microsoft applications
- Ability to learn various software programs quickly
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.