This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 12128
Location: Springfield, OR
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a full time Patient Access Representative in the Call Center for a day shift position. Hourly compensation starts at $17.14, more depending on experience.
Call Center Patient Access Representatives assist in coordinating the activities between scheduling, insurance verification and pre-certification. Acts as a clinical liaison with physician practices interacting with pre-visit services.
* Assists with departmental coverage as needed.
* Manages daily appointment schedules which may include reminder calls and calling all referrals.
* May transport patients utilizing escort or wheeled transport equipment.
* Pre-registers/registers patients with accurate patient demographic, financial data. Upon registration, address co-pay (including collections of monies), co-insurance, for scheduled appointment/procedure, etc. May register patients using a mobile cart that is taken into patient rooms or other areas.
* Responds to customer’s inquiries.
* Verifies coverage and ensures all insurance requirements are met, as well as obtaining all prior authorizations and/or referrals as appropriate prior to patient arrival.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
-High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
-One year of medical office or related customer service experience required. * Strong background in customer service may be considered in lieu of medical office or related experience.
-Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
-Must be able to manage conflict effectively and professionally.
-Excellent time management skills, with an emphasis on meeting time sensitive deadlines.
-Good customer service skills and good interpersonal skills.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less. Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time). Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of the time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.