Job ID: 8920
Location: Eugene, OR
Work Type: Per Diem - Relief
Shift Length: Variable
Benefit Eligibility: Select benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking per diem Medical Assistants in the Clinical Float Pool to support all Family Practice and Specialty Clinic locations. Assignments vary and shifts are scheduled anywhere from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM and include weekends. Hourly compensation starts at $19.36, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
In collaboration with the healthcare team, Medical Assistants support physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
* Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
* Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
* May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
* May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
* May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
* May transport specimens.
* Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
* Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
* Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable. Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
* Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required. An approved educational program/course of study that allows caregiver to sit for the MA certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associates degree in Allied Health).
* National Medical Assistant Certification at date of hire.
* Basic Life Support at date of hire.
Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily. (Certain locations may) Requires the use of a Powered Air Purifying System (PAPR). (Certain locations may) Requires the use of an N-95 mask Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less. Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time). Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.